The Africa Liberal Youth Secretary-General is reporting on the first year anniversary of Africa’s only liberal youth organisation. A vibrant group of people with great ambitions for Africa’s youth.
Mr Richard said in his speech before the ALN GA : “This Honourable General Assembly took a decision in 2016 to form an Advisory Youth Council of the ALN to become the voice of Young African Liberals. This advisory Youth Council was elected and met for the first time in March 2017 in Nairobi where we created for ourselves a Vision and Mission as well as some action plans to take. At the meeting in Nairobi, we also decided to be known as the Africa Liberal Youth”.
We believe in FREEDOM that Empowers Young People in a Globalised African Continent
- To promote liberal education
- To empower liberal youth
- To provide a voice for Africa’s liberal youth
Actions/ Activities over the Past One Year
Social Media Presence
- Facebook (facebook.com/AFRICALIBERALYOUTH) – Has 311 likes. We have been able to connect with some members. Nairobi, Ivory Coast and Botswana
- Twitter (@Africaliberalyo)
- Instagram (Africa Liberal Youth)
- Social Media Training in Johannesburg – October 2017. With funding from the Liberal Democrats through the Westminster Foundation.
- Newsletter – We were able to come up with our newsletter in October
- IFLRY – We have successfully applied for and become the Africa Regional Member of the International Federation of Liberal Youth. (IFLRY). We have attended 2 of the General Assemblies in Thessaloniki and Bruit. Quite significantly, we are hosting their 43rd General Assembly here in Accra in collaboration with our Member Organisation, the Progressive Youth Movement.
- Female Leadership Development Programme